Environmental Health and Safety is charged with managing hazardous waste generated on campus or within the University of Chicago Medicine. This includes the collection, transportation, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste. The following policies and procedures will assist with managing hazardous materials:
- Emergency Response Plan for Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Material Transportation
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Security Plan
- Potentially Infectious Waste
- Batteries, Lamps, and Ballasts - Waste Handling
If you do not find the safety resources you need, please contact Environmental Health and Safety at 773.702.9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.