Online training is available for the following classes:
- Batteries, Lamps, and Ballasts - Waste Handling
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- DOT-In Depth Security (NOTE: Due to sensitive security information, contact Environmental Health and Safety at 773.702.9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be pre-enrolled in DOT-In Depth Security training)
- Fire Safety and Evacuation
- Forklift/Power Lift Operation and Safety (practical needs to be completed in person after completion of training)
- Oversized Potentially Infectious Waste Container Training (DOT SP-11185)
- Potentially Infectious Waste Training
- Safety Orientation for Project Managers, Facility Managers and Supervisors
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
NOTE: Additional safety training classes for laboratory personnel are available through the Office of Research Safety.
To meet your training requirements through the online modules, please use the following instructions:
- Enter the EHSA Online Training Module (ehsa.uchicago.edu/training);
- The required courses assigned to you based on your job type will filter to the top of the list (blue for completed classes and red for overdue courses); and
- Click on the "Start" icon next to training you would like to complete and your course will begin.