In accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), employers shall maintain any material safety data sheets that are received with incoming shipments of hazardous chemicals, and ensure that they are readily accessible during each work shift to employees when they are in their work areas. Material Safety Data Sheets are accessible as follows:
- Searching under Safety Data Sheets on the Safety as listed below;
- Contacting 3E Company at 800.451.8346 anytime of the day or week with the product name and number, manufacturer name and UPC code (if available); or
- Contacting Environmental Health and Safety at 773.702.9999 between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
CCINFO on the Internet
The University of Chicago has established an account with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCINFO) Academic Support Program. Note: This collection has been set up to only allow access from University of Chicago computers. The CCINFO Academic Support Program provides access to the following collections:
- OSH References;
- Canadian enviroOSH Legislation plus Standards; and
- Additional Resources.
- Go to CCINFO;
- Choose collection from Web Collections;
- Type chemical name and click search;
- Choose correct product and click blue link to open material safety data sheet; and
- If you are prompted to enter a user name and password, then the computer in use is not in the IP range and/or domain name provided.
Other MSDS Sites
Sigma, Aldrich, Fluka, Supelco, RdH-Lab
Acros Chemicals, Fisher Scientific, Curtin Matheson Scientific
VWR Scientific Products
Vermont Safety Information Resources Inc.
CDMS Agro-Chemical Database